1. Start with an awareness how you are feeling - Notice how you are feeling in mind, body, and spirit.
2. Drink water - Sipping water throughout the day can help you feel more relaxed and alert.
3. Notice your posture - Notice how you are sitting throughout the day. Just taking a moment to sit up tall and take a deep breath can help you to feel more relaxed.
4. Try simple breathing techniques - Throughout the day become aware of your breathing. Try to pay attention to your breath and allow your exhale to be a little bit longer. This will help you to feel more relaxed.
5. Tensing and relaxing muscles - When we are stressed we carry a great deal of muscle tension in our body. Taking a moment or two to tense shoulders and arms and then relaxing can help to relieve stress.
6. Use your imagination - Take a moment to think about something pleasant, or imagine yourself being happy, and a great success. This subtle shift will allow you to feel more positive instantly.
7. Speak kindly of yourself - Take a moment to notice the your self-talk and see if you can shift it to be more positive. Our words have power and this can make a good difference in how we feel!
8. Ask for help - Be sure to reach out to others if you need anything at all. Knowing that you are not alone allows us to feel less stressed.
9. Laugh when you can - This brings great energy to our mind, body and spirit and can shift how we feel in an instant.
10. Rest - Take the time you need to rest and to get enough sleep. Sleep is a great healer and strengthener and can help us to handle stress too.